Sunday 6 January 2013

I am blessed with a good memory: KBC 5 crore winner

I am blessed with a good memory: KBC 5 crore winner:
Sunmeet Kaur Sawhney is the first woman to have won `5 crore on Kaun Banega Crorepati, but she is not exactly new to showbiz. 

She is actor Manmeet Singh's wife (remember the sardarji who played the caterer in Band Baaja Baaraat?). "I am on top of the world. I had never imagined that I would go on to win this big an amount on the show," she told us. The 12th class pass says that she went with a target of winning `25-50 lakh, but gradually her confidence grew. Sunmeet suffered from a life-threatening tumour and depression which followed the disease before she thought of appearing on the show. All through this period, she was supported by her husband, who took a sabbatical to look after her. Excerpts:


On winning the 5 crore jackpot
I am on top of the world. There are no words to describe my happiness. Initially, my target was winning `25 to 50 lakh, but when I started playing, my confidence grew.

On being the only woman contestant to win jackpot
I hope to be an inspiration for many other women in the country. At this time, when the country is talking about women empowerment, my advice to all women is to be mentally and physically strong.

On what she plans to with prize money
I still haven't had the opportunity to sit down and discuss with my family about what we need to do. However, I have decided to dedicate one portion of the money to some good cause and another portion will be for a religious activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment